Friday 26 January 2024

League Play On Hold Indefinitely


I received word today from Tom and Alida announcing their official retirement.

While they are still in good health, they have decided it's time to step away from running Murray Hills Golf Course and focus on enjoying life and spending time with family and friends. I think we can all agree that they have earned this after 37 wonderful years.

As a long time member myself, I will definitely look back fondly at all of the great friendships and memories I have made golfing at the course all these years. Playing in the Wednesday night league with all of you and the many league members who we've said goodbye to over the years, have been some of my favourite moments of my life.

The course as it stands today will be closed until further notice. My understanding is that if a buyer can be found, then it may see a reopening under new management but no progress has been made in that regard to the best of my knowledge. If I hear anything I will let you know.

If you still have any course gift certificates, they will be honoured at cash value.

So, if this is the absolute end of the Wednesday Night Men's League, I want to thank you all for a great run and for visiting the league blog each week during the season. My thanks as well to Alida and Tom for their help with the league and the blog for so many years.

Once again, if I hear any more news regarding the future of the golf course, I will do my best to update you.

Thanks,

Mark (Bundy) Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment